Mental Illness and Your Rights at Work — Podcast
Welcome to a syndication of Snap Out of It! The Mental Illness in the Workplace Podcast with Natasha Tracy.
This week, Snap Out of It! talks to lawyer Julia Stephanides. She schools us on the rights people with mental illness have at work and how you can use those rights to better navigate working with a mental illness.
Learn things like:
- Are all mental illnesses really considered disabilities?
- Can an employer not promote you because of your mental illness?
- Do employers have to accommodate your needs because of a mental illness?
- What is a “reasonable accommodation” at work for a person with a mental illness?
- Do you have a right to paid medical leave?
- How do you best advocate for yourself at work?
Your Legal Rights as a Person with a Mental Illness at Work
Julia addresses all these questions and more. Plus, we take your questions. Don’t miss out on this valuable chance to know your rights.
Snap Out of It! is available across podcast platforms. For more on this podcast, check out http://snapoutofitpodcast.com.
Tracy, N. (2022, November 2). Mental Illness and Your Rights at Work — Podcast, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, March 30 from https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/yourmentalhealth/2022/11/mental-illness-and-your-rights-at-work-podcast