Dissociative Disorder Resources & Support
Comprehensive information on the types, symptoms, causes and treatments of dissociative disorders, including Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID).
Welcome to the Dissociative Disorders Community at HealthyPlace
You've probably heard the term "spacing out" or feeling like you've stepped outside of your own skin. Those are common and mild forms of dissociation. It's a way of escaping reality for a few minutes.
More severe and pathological forms of dissociation often occur as reactions to very stressful events such as abuse, war and other forms of trauma. People with dissociative disorders chronically escape their reality in involuntary, unhealthy ways ranging from suppressing memories to assuming alternate identities.
You can learn more about dissociative disorders here. We also have videos on dissociative disorders and a blog on did. And if you are looking for dissociative disorder or Dissociative Identity Disorder support, we hope you'll join the HealthyPlace.com Support Network Forums and Chat (our social network). Many times, sharing support and information with others who have common experiences can be helpful and comforting.
Dissociative Disorders Information
- What Are Dissociative Disorders? Definition, Causes, Facts
- What Is Dissociation? Definition, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
- Types of Dissociative Disorders, List of Dissociative Disorders
- Dissociative Disorder Symptoms: Living with a Dissociative Disorder
- Dissociative Disorders Treatment
- What Is Dissociative Fugue? Definition, Symptoms, Treatment
- Dissociative Amnesia: Deeply Buried Memories
- Depersonalization Disorder: An Out of Body Experience
Dissociative Identity Disorder Information
- What is Dissociative Identity Disorder?
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) Signs and Symptoms
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) DSM-5 Criteria
- What’s It Like Living with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Understanding Dissociative Identity Disorder Alters
- How is Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) Diagnosed?
- Causes of Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) Treatment Challenging
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) Treatment Centers
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Controversy: Is DID Real?
- Real Dissociative Identity Disorder Stories and Videos
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Cases: Famous and Amazing
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) Statistics and Facts
- The Amazing History of Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Celebrities and Famous People with DID
- Dissociative Living by Holly Gray
- Coping with Memories Associated with Sexual Abuse
Guest: Dr. Karen Engebretsen-Larash
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID): Working With Your Alters
Guest: Anne Pratt, Ph.D.
- Dissociative Identity Disorder, Multiple Personality Disorder: To Integrate Personalities or Not to Integrate
Guest: Paula McHugh
- Emotionally Abused Women
Guest: Beverly Engel, MFCT
- Living Day-to-Day with DID/MPD
Guest: Randy Noblitt, Ph.D.
- Protecting your Children from Sexual Predators
Guest: Debbie Mahoney
- Sexually Abused Men
Guest: Dr. Richard Gartner
- The Damage Caused by Sexual Abuse
Guest: Dr. Heyward Ewart
- Trauma and Dissociation
Guest: Sheila Fox Sherwin
Gluck, S. (2015, June 30). Dissociative Disorder Resources & Support, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, October 3 from https://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/dissociative-identity-disorder/types-symptoms-causes-treatments