Basic Women's Rights
I jotted down some areas that I believe are "Basic Women's Rights". I encourage other women to share their own convictions based on their personal experiences. Hopefully, I can act as a catalyst for a project that will empower other women to find hope and healing.
- The right to live in peace, without fear of emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse or psychological abuse.
- The right to respect on the basis of motherhood.
- The right to being taken seriously as an intelligent, capable human being with vast capabilities.
- The right to never have to fear the loss of my offspring to a society that still considers them and myself as men's property.
- The right to food, shelter, clothing and proper medical care. I will provide it for myself and help others to receive it when I am capable. When I am not, due to childhood, student status, pregnancy, disability or abuse, society will reach out to me in a loving and caring way and assist me to maintain my dignity.
- The right to free access of knowledge.
- Quality and affordable day care that enhances my development and that of my children.
Staff, H. (2009, March 21). Basic Women's Rights, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, February 6 from https://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/articles/basic-womens-rights