Are You a Compulsive Online Gambler?
Take our Compulsive Online Gambling Test. Answer "yes" or "no" to the following statements:
- Do you need to gamble with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement?
- Are you preoccupied with gambling (thinking about the next bet, anticipating your next online session)?
- Have you lied to friends and family members to conceal extent of your online gambling?
- Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop online gambling?
- Have you made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop online gambling?
- Do you use gambling as a way of escaping from problems or relieve feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, or depression?
- Have you jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity because of online gambling?
- Have you committed illegal acts such as forgery, fraud, theft, or embezzlement to finance online activities?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, you may be a compulsive online gambler. These are signs that you have lost control, lied, or possibly stole money just to support your trading behavior.
Why wait until it is too late to seek out help? Contact our Virtual Clinic today to receive fast, caring, and confidential advice for dealing with compulsive online gambling. Our Virtual Clinic is also designed to help family members, such as a spouse or parent, to cope with Internet addiction in your home. Professional help is available directly with Dr. Kimberly Young, Founder and President of the Center for On-Line Addiction.
Staff, H. (2008, December 31). Are You a Compulsive Online Gambler?, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, December 6 from https://www.healthyplace.com/addictions/center-for-internet-addiction-recovery/compulsive-online-gambling-test