Are You Addicted to Online Auction Houses?
Are you addicted to Ebay or online auction houses? Take our online auction addiction test to see if you might need help.
Answer "yes" or "no" to the following statements:
- Do you need to bid with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement?
- Are you preoccupied with auction houses (thinking about being online when offline, anticipating your next online session)?
- Have you lied to friends and family members to conceal extent of your online bidding?
- Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop online bidding?
- Have you made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop online bidding?
- Do you use auction houses as a way of escaping from problems or relieve feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, or depression?
- Have you jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity because of online bidding?
- Have you committed illegal acts such as forgery, fraud, theft, or embezzlement to finance online activities?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, you may be addicted to online auction houses. These are signs that you have lost control, lied, or possibly stole money just to support your bidding behavior.
Why wait until it is too late to seek out help? Contact our Virtual Clinic today to receive fast, caring, and confidential advice for dealing with your addiction to online auction houses. Our Virtual Clinic is also designed to help family members to deal with the obsessive on-line bidder in your home. Professional help is available directly with Dr. Kimberly Young, Founder and President of the Center for Internet Addiction Recovery.
And read Caught in the Net, the first recovery book for Internet Addiction.
Staff, H. (2009, January 5). Are You Addicted to Online Auction Houses?, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, December 3 from https://www.healthyplace.com/addictions/center-for-internet-addiction-recovery/online-auction-addiction-test