Bad Relationships: When To Call It Quits
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Bad Relationships: When To Call It Quits
- Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
- From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Overcoming Homesickness: Your Child's Fear of Being Homesick
If you have a mental illness, do you find yourself reluctant to end an unhealthy or bad relationship? You're not alone. Even despite being emotionally abused, some with depression, bipolar disorder, severe anxiety and other mental health conditions are afraid to leave. After all, they think, "something is better than nothing" and "who will help take care of me?"
In an article titled "Ending a Relationship: How Do You Know When Enough Is Enough?," our anxiety blogger, Jodi Aman, discusses how staying in unhealthy relationships actually makes your mental health worse. She also shares things you should consider BEFORE making a decision on whether to stay or leave the relationship.
- How to Tell the Difference Between a Healthy and Unhealthy Relationship
- What Constitutes an Unhealthy Relationship?
- The Impact of Being in an Unhealthy Relationship
- What to Do About an Unhealthy Relationship
- Recognizing Unhealthy Relationships and Creating Healthy Ones
Are you hesitant or afraid to leave an unhealthy relationship? Why? And how is it affecting you? We invite you to participate by commenting and sharing your feelings, experiences and knowledge on the HealthyPlace Facebook page.
Here are the top 3 mental health articles HealthyPlace Facebook fans are recommending you read:
- 5 Reasons Why Living With a Mental Illness Makes Us EXHAUSTED!
- Coming Out With Depression and Anxiety
- How to Diagnose ADHD: The ADHD Assessment
If you're not already, I hope you'll join us/like us on Facebook too. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people there.
Welcoming our new adult ADHD blogger, Elizabeth Prager. Liz joins Laurie Dupar as the co-author of the "Living with Adult ADHD blog.
On all our blogs, your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Emotionally Wounded, Isolated Children: How Parents Can Help (Your Mental Health Blog)
- 5 Important Marriage Builders: Constructing Your Relationship Outside Fear (Anxiety-Schmanxiety Blog)
- Seeing Someone in a Mental Health Crisis (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- PTSD and Meditation: How To Make It Easier (Trauma! A PTSD Blog)
- Does Your Relationship Status Determine Your Self-Worth? (Building Self-Esteem Blog)
- Self-Fulfilling Stigma (Surviving Mental Health Stigma Blog)
- Can You Understand Mental Illness If You Don’t Live With It? (Recovering From Mental Illness Blog)
- Friendship and Mental Illness: Belonging to 'Club Meds' (Mental Illness in the Family Blog)
- Unexpected Parenting Teamwork (Life with Bob Blog)
- “Forgive Me Please?” – Mending Hurt Relationships (The Life: LGBT Mental Health and Relationships Blog)
- BPD and Spirituality: Hazardous But Healing River (pt. 2) (More Than Borderline Blog)
- Eating Disorder Recovery: Back to Basics (Surviving ED Blog)
- In Search Of A Global Context For Mental Illness (Funny in the Head: A Mental Health Humor Blog)
- The Importance of Surrender to the Disease of Drug Addiction (Debunking Addiction Blog)
- I Got the ADHD Weekend Blues (Living with Adult ADHD Blog)
- Healthy Alternatives to Self-Injury (Speaking Out About Self-Injury Blog)
- Valentines Shmalentines (Coping with Depression Blog)
- How To Make Good Friends After Leaving Abuse (Verbal Abuse and Relationships Blog)
- Schizophrenia Poetry Series (Creative Schizophrenia Blog)
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
That's it for now. If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week:
Staff, H. (2013, February 18). Bad Relationships: When To Call It Quits, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, December 3 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/bad-relationships-when-to-call-it-quits