Despite Mental Health Challenges, You Can Thrive Now!
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Despite Mental Health Challenges, You Can Thrive Now!
- Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
- From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Stand Up for Mental Health
- Latest Mental Health News
Despite Mental Health Challenges, You Can Thrive Now!
Mental health challenges—stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD, and more—sometimes stop us in our tracks, making us feel overwhelmed and underprepared to deal with life. We promise ourselves that when we feel better, we can get back into life. However, it is possible to thrive now, in spite of mental health challenges.
While seeking mental health treatment is important, you don't have to wait until you're free of mental health difficulties in order to thrive and live a life worth living. These tips can help you take charge of your life right now:
- Think like a solution-focused therapist and use the miracle question: if you woke up one morning and, miraculously, all of your problems were gone, what would your life be like? Know what you want, and take steps each day to get there.
- Dedicate every day to something meaningful to you. Living for a greater purpose can make it easier to get up and keep going.
- Live from your strengths. You are not your illness. You have a wealth of strengths to offer yourself and those around you. Do more of what you do well.
Discovering who you are, what you're good at, what you want in life, and acting in meaningful ways won't erase problems. They will, though, help you thrive now.
Related Articles Dealing with Thriving Now in Spite of Mental Health Challenges
- Five Solution-Focused Ways to Beat Anxiety
- Five Ways to Challenge Yourself
- What is Happiness? And How Do You Find It?
- Personal Fulfillment – It is Within Your Reach!
- Defining and Achieving Joy in Your Life
- Jump Start the Journey to Mastering Your Life
- Reduce Social Anxiety, Focus on Your Strengths
- Five Character Strengths of People Living with Anxiety
Today's Question: Do you have tips or advice for thriving right now, despite mental health challenges? We invite you to participate by commenting and sharing your feelings, experiences and knowledge on the HealthyPlace Facebook page and on the HealthyPlace Google+ page.
Share our Stories
At the top and bottom of all our stories, you'll find social share buttons for Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and other social sites. If you find a particular story, video, psychological test or other HealthyPlace feature helpful, there's a good chance others in need will too. Please share.
We also get many inquiries about our linking policy. If you have a website or blog, you can link to any page on the HealthyPlace website without asking us beforehand.
Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
Here are the top 3 mental health articles HealthyPlace Facebook fans are recommending you read:
- Battered Woman Syndrome
- For Loved Ones, After a Suicide Attempt
- I’m Too Smart to be Bipolar – Intelligence and Mental Illness
If you're not already, I hope you'll join us/like us on Facebook too. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people there.
From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
On all our blogs, your comments and observations are welcomed.
- If You Can’t Be Honest You Won’t Recover
- Fireworks and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Parents with Mental Illness: Expect Transitions This Summer
- Emotional Resilience — Bounce Back from Difficulty
- Ways to Stay Sober at Weddings During Recovery
- Bipolar Disorder Guilt and Sunny Days
- Happiness and Depression: It’s Possible to Feel Both
- Three Ways to Be Happy With What You Have
- To Overcome Anxiety, Divide and Conquer
- Family-Based Therapy for Eating Disorders — 5 Critical Parts
- Hearing Voices in Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Three Easy Steps for You to Share PTSD Awareness
- The Truth about Paranoia, Extreme Anxiety and Delusions
- How to Use Positive Affirmations to Improve Your Self-Esteem
- How To Cope With Your New Borderline Diagnosis
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
Stand Up for Mental Health
Thousands Have Joined the Stand Up for Mental Health Campaign
But we still need you. Let others know there's no shame in having depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, trichotillomania, OCD, ADHD, schizophrenia or any other mental illness.
Join the Stand Up for Mental Health campaign. Put a button on your website or blog (buttons for family members, parents, mental health professionals and organizations too). We also have covers for Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Latest Mental Health News
These stories and more are featured on our mental health news page:
- Stress Contagion Possible Amongst Students And Teachers: UBC Study
- People Who Visit Parks For 30 Minutes Or More Each Week Are Much Less Likely To Have High Blood Pressure Or Poor Mental Health
- Low Attention Control In Early Adolescence Is A Genetic Risk Factor For Anxiety Disorders
- Exclusive Breast-Feeding Lowers Risks Of Conduct Disorders In Children
- Depression, Adverse Childhood Events And Sleep Disturbances Linked To Changes In The Immune System
- Study Finds Women With High Blood Sugar Have Lower Risk Of Benign Tumors
- A New Population-Wide Study Shows Gliomas Are More Common Among People Who Studied At University For 3 Years
- Cannabis Use In Pregnancy May Alter Offspring's Brain Structure
That's it for now. If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week:
- circle HealthyPlace on Google+,
- follow HealthyPlace on Twitter
- follow HealthyPlace on Pinterest
- or become a fan of HealthyPlace on Facebook.
back to: HealthyPlace.com Mental-Health Newsletter Index
Peterson, T. (2016, August 17). Despite Mental Health Challenges, You Can Thrive Now!, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, March 21 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/despite-mental-health-challenges-you-can-thrive-now