Tips for Showing You Care
sex and intimacy
- Honor your partner's individuality
- Sign your letters: "Forever and a day"
- Attend a lousy movie, sit in the balcony, and make out in the dark
- Share a intimate part of your life together
- Change one bad habit
- Talk candidly about the differences between sexy and sensual
- Keep mistletoe hung in your home year-round!
- Give a vintage bottle of wine from the year of his/her birth
- Create a "perfect vacation" (your partner's definition of perfect)
- Challenge the cultural stereotypes of men and women
- Keep a wedding photo on your desk at work
- Ask your friends to list their favorite romantic restaurants
- Carry a copy of your wedding license in your wallet/purse
- A note: "Time and time again you amaze me because . . ."
- Write a list: "101 Reasons Why You're the Greatest"
- Have silly pictures of the two of you taken in a photo booth
- Camp-out in a tent together
- Make love in the back seat of a car
- Hold a picnic in a tree fort
- Take a relaxing bubblebath together
- Make love in a sleeping bag
- Don't go to bed and let problems go unresolved
- Make some sacrifices but don't martyr yourself for his/her sake
- Weave love, sex, and romance into the fabric of your daily lives
- Try putting yourself in your partner's shoes (figuratively and literally!)
- Experiment with sensual, sexy, and outright X-rated movies
- Read one book by Dr. Ruth
- Ask your partner to direct you very specifically in how they like to be touched
continue story below
Staff, H. (2008, December 18). Tips for Showing You Care, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, December 11 from https://www.healthyplace.com/sex/psychology-of-sex/tips-for-showing-you-care