Sexual Addiction: HealthyPlace Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Sexual Addiction
- "Being a Sex Addict: What Does That Really Mean?" On HealthyPlace TV
- Coming in May on HealthyPlace TV
- Followup on the What Is It Like Living with Major Depression? TV Show
- Mental Health Clinical Trials
- The Irrational and Holistically Meaningful Nature of Triggers
- Controlling Your Anxiety Symptoms and Treatment of Anxiety
Our guest has been struggling with sexual addiction for over 20 years. Brittany will share her story of trying to obtain sexual sobriety.
This Tuesday night, April 28. The show starts at 5:30p PT, 7:30 CT, 8:30 ET and airs live on our website.
In the second half of the show, you get to ask Dr. Harry Croft, your personal mental health questions. Watch the show on-demand.
- Eating Disorders Treatment: Recovery from Eating Disorders and Why It's So Darn Difficult
- Treating Borderline Personality Disorder: Is It Possible?
- Child Abuse and Its Impact Later in Life
- Your Child's Mental Health: What Every Parent Should Know
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share you personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com or info AT healthyplace.com
Click here for a list of previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Shows.
continue story below
More Information on Sexual Addiction
- Using Sex Addictively
- Symptoms of Sexual Addiction
- Online Sexual Addiction Screening Test
- Causes of Sexual Addiction
- Treatment of Sexual Addiction
- The Partner's Role in Sexual Addiction and Getting Help for the Partner
- 12-Step Programs for Sex Addicts and Partners
"It's pretty crummy; that's for sure!," writes Rubina. Michael put it very simply: "It's depressing."
Last week's feature on major depression drew a huge response from our readers. Nearly 100 people wrote in to comment and share their experiences. We've added several more personal stories of living and coping with major depression
There's a news story out that more and more people with mental health concerns are turning to clinical trials as a way to get diagnosed and treated. If you are considering joining a clinical trial for a psychiatric condition, we have some important information you need to read. In addition, you can search for mental health clinical trials directly from the HealthyPlace.com website.
In the mental health field, the word "trigger" is usually something that acts like a mechanical trigger in initiating a process or reaction. For instance, if you suffer from PTSD due to a car accident, maybe the sound of squealing tires triggers severe anxiety symptoms and flashbacks of your own accident. But our guest writer asks: Do all triggers need to have a specific cause?
- An Inside Look At Anxiety
- Managing Your Anxiety
- Conquering Your Panic, Anxiety, and Phobias
- Anxiety Disorder Relapses
- OCD: Getting Control of Your Obsessions and Compulsions
- Anxiety Videos
Staff, H. (2009, April 28). Sexual Addiction: HealthyPlace Newsletter, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, December 1 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/sexual-addiction