Medication for ADHD Children: HealthyPlace Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- A 'Dear Dad' Letter
- Information on All Abuse Issues
- Personal Stories of Abuse
- After-Effects of Abuse
- "Pros and Cons of Medicating Your ADHD Child" On HealthyPlace TV
- Treating Bipolar Disorder
- Celebrate Love!
We receive many letters each week from people who have faced all sorts of horrible abuse in their lives. Those who want their letters published are usually motivated by the thought of letting other abuse victims know they are not alone in their experiences and pain.
This week, we have a letter from author Roberta Hart. She writes it 13 years after her father's death and describes the torment of suffering from all types of abuse; from emotional to physical to sexual abuse. "I am sharing my life and the process that I have been through in the hopes that more can feel peace. When we carry pain and take inside of ourselves the torment of others, we die inside. I refuse to die, and if this is revenge, then revenge can heal. You decide. I find that revenge is a dish best served heaping and warm. Welcome to dinner." Her compelling story and accompanying letter are here.
If you have been abused or if you support someone who has, you'll find comprehensive information on all types of abuse (plus videos) in the HealthyPlace Abuse Issues Community. That includes:
- The signs and effects of child abuse
- What to do if you suspect child abuse
- What is sexual assault, rape and where to get help after being raped
- Information on how to support someone who's been raped or sexually assaulted
- Domestic violence and a domestic violence test to help determine if you are being abused
...and what the authors of these sites have learned from their experiences, visit:
continue story below
Our guest takes medication for ADHD, but decided against it for her child. Find out why. Share you opinion and get insight into effective ways to treat ADHD from our Medical Director, Dr. Harry Croft.
This Tuesday night, April 7. The show starts at 5:30p PT, 7:30 CT, 8:30 ET and airs live on our website.
- TV Show Blog with this week's show info
- Dr. Harry Croft's blog post on "Treatment of Children with ADHD"
- Signs, symptoms, causes and treatments of ADHD
- Click here for a list of previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Shows.
In the second half of the show, you get to ask Dr. Harry Croft, your personal mental health questions.
"Living with bipolar disorder can wear you down," writes Michael, a member of the HealthyPlace Support Network. Award-winning author and HealthyPlace Expert Bipolar Patient, Julie Fast, who wrote the Gold Standard for Treating Bipolar Disorder on HealthyPlace.com would agree with that. In one of the videos on bipolar disorder included in that section, Julie discusses the daily battle living with and trying to control her bipolar symptoms (it's the first video on the list).
Bob G., a longtime HealthyPlace member, wrote me last week and said: "how about some lighter reading?"
Alright! Here's a fun site. Drop by Larry James' site - "Celebrate Love". Larry worked with Men Are From Mars author, Dr. John Gray, for many years. His welcome message on the homepage says "Great Relationships Begin Here." I like that.
And Larry has some great relationships advice articles like:
- Be My Valentine All Year Long
- Learning to Love the One You're With
- and my personal favorite: The Secret to Solving ALL Your Problems!
You can also read Larry's Love Blog
back to: HealthyPlace.com Newsletter Index
Staff, H. (2009, April 7). Medication for ADHD Children: HealthyPlace Newsletter, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, December 8 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/medication-for-adhd-children